Translate

Monday, August 1, 2016

Because I am bored, here's a spec I wrote for "Gotham": Carroll

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4j5BZRs8exBdk04bFVONlhPZ1U/view

In show business, to show what you can write, you might write a spec for an existing show. I began this spec, called "Carroll," of the TV show Gotham back in spring 2015. Unfortunately I didn't finish it until May of 2016, having tabled it for awhile, so now it's a bit dated. It would've been the second season premiere of the Fox show. I see that the producers will be introducing the Mad Hatter in their own way in season 3, and will also feature a grown-up Ivy. (Apparently Ivy is going to age more than five years in a episode in this forthcoming season, so she will be a sexy coed with the brain of a 13-year-old. And that's not creepy at all!) Pity Clare Foley, though. Imagine being told at 14 that not only do you longer do you work here, but we'll be paying your replacement more than you!

I ended up drawing inspiration from the movie Room, but it's basically a typical story of a grown-up man-child named Jervis Tetch who abducts a young Poison Ivy, so he'll have a friend! Meanwhile, Bruce's investigation into his parents' deaths lead him to Wayne Enterprise's Applied Sciences Division.

Well, I hope you all enjoy it. And if any of you know of a position in a writer's room somewhere...hit me up! My bookies want to be paid!

No comments:

Post a Comment