Translate

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Why do I like "Working the Engels"?

I have no idea. I will watch all 12 episodes, even if it gets canceled.

I do love the cast. There's Azura Skye, whom I've loved since the 90s. Although not traditionally beautiful, her presence has permanently imprinted on my conscious. Yes, she's in my blood. Love Kacey Rohl. Watch her Vines; she's so dang weird. She would be delightful in small doses, but to be in a relationship with her might induce me to eat her like Hannibal. She's far too young to be an attorney, but at least the show writers acknowledge it.

At the same time, it is not all that funny. It is Canada funny, not America funny. It's moments of placid talking followed by brief spurts of wackiness--someone falls down, random nudity, etc. There's an occasionally cynical reference to Christianity and spiritualism. Nothing too offensive. Everybody's so dang pleasant, and the ending seems to always be steeped in people's innate goodness and cooperation.

So watch the show on NBC.... Or not, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment